Saturday, May 30, 2009

My BIG girl!

My baby girl is no more! She is a big girl now who is becoming more and more independent as the days go by. She wants to brush her own teeth, wash her own hands and climb in/out of the car by herself. Don't get me wrong she still needs her daddy, but as the days pass by she will become even more independent! I am not ready for this just yet. I was watching a television show just today and they showed new parents with their newborn child. I miss those days so much. I miss her just laying in my arms and looking into my eyes. I miss knowing that she needs me to do everything for her. I miss those times when she got the hiccups and I was the only one who she wanted. It seems like I blinked my eyes and she is now over 2 and getting older and older as the seconds tick. But this is life and she will be in Kindergarten before I know it. And I will just be "dad" instead of "Daddy!". But it is ok. Because I know she will always be a Daddy's girl.

I also know she will be a Uncle Victor's girl as well! She adores my brother and when he walks into the room, her eyes light up and she just screams, " Uncle Vider". She can't seem to make out Victor so it is either "Vider" or as he is afraid it will be "Big Bird". (One of his friends' children called him that by the way! Lol!) So her Uncle Victor is one of the only ones who she will sit and take a picture for. He will tell her to take out her passy and smile. She does as he says and takes the best pics. The following is a few examples of his work:




This is right outside our house. My brother loved the background. If you can tell she has her passy in her left hand!



You can't see him, but her PopPop was making funny sounds to make her laugh so her eyes were focused on him instead of the camera.



My niece and nephew with Maddie.



We had to do a funny picture! She absolutely adores them!







1 comment:

Meagan said...

So fun. So cute!