Monday, November 17, 2008

After careful consideration...

So after thinking and listening to various sources over the past couple of weeks, I have decided to write a follow up to my last post. That post was written in haste and with a lot of passion and heat behind it. Maybe it wasn't the best thing to write, but I will stand by what I said and not back down. With that said I feel I must add what I am about to say. My pastor stood up for his values the Sunday after the election and I was so happy to hear it being preached. A lot of it was hard to hear, but it is biblically sound. As a Christian we are called to pray for and submit to authority. That is what we are called to do and that is what we have been told through God's word. Now we are not called to submit to man, but to the authority of the government. As the bible put it we are to submit to our king. Literally that was talking about a true king of the day or in our day now, our president. Now before you bite my head off in no way am I calling Obama king. I am taking the literal translation of the bible. It was hard to think of and to swallow, but it is true. And if we look at it the bible was talking about the emperor of the time period. A man known to the world as Nero...yep one of the most cruelest and violent leaders ever to rule. Yet God spoke through the bible to tell the Jews to even submit to this man...the man who more than likely burned part of Rome and blamed it on the Jews. They were still to submit to his authority. Unbelievable, but true. So I personally have to realize that though I agree with nothing he believes in, it is my duty as a Christian to pray for him and his decision making. Pray that he turn to God for his decisions and for God to bless our nation and our government. The one warning given to us is to only submit to his authority as long as it means not destroying the authority of God. Once it crosses the line of being blasphemous or corrupt to the holy word of God then we must oppose it. Anyway I just wanted to share this with the few out there who have commented to my last post. So to all who read this...Pray for our government and our president because they need it and we need it as a nation.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

And again... preach on! I have decided to make the best of the situation... he's our leader for at least the next four years whether we like it or not! So my prayers are being lifted! Good post!