Thursday, August 21, 2008

Priorities can just hit you in the face...

Sometimes your priorities in life can just creep up on you and other times they can hit you in your face. I read an article today about Steven Curtis Chapman's family and how they are recovering from their tragedy. For those who don't know the story, his son accidently hit his sister with the car he was driving. She died and the loss was just a tragic one for the whole family. It broke my heart when I first heard about it and just made me appreciate every second I have with my little girl. The article I read today was about how they were coping with the loss and how their strength has been lifted by God's grace. I am not too ashamed to admit I teared up when I read it. I dont' know how they did it except to be comforted by God. I would be crushed without my daughter. I worry about her everytime I lose sight of her. I have to trust that she will be taken care of when I can't be around. I guess the reason why I am saying this is to just remind me people to take the time to tell the ones you love exactly that. For the parents, just cherish your babies like I cherish mine. Not trying to preach to anyone, just getting it off of my chest.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Maddie is beautiful! It's so nice to hear from you and know you are doing well! And you are right... time passes us by so quicly and it is so easy to take things for granted! Cherrish every moment and life life to the fullest... life is just too short not too!

Lauren said...

You are so right. I watched that entire interview and cried through most of it.

It's a little overwhelming to think that God loves us even more than we love our own children.

You are a great daddy!