Monday, April 6, 2009

To all the mothers out there...

As Maddie is getting older, I realize more and more how important mothers are to their children's lives. I want to tell all the mothers that I know how important you really are to your children. Playing Mr. Mom is not easy especially with a little girl. There is something about when you don't feel good or you hurt yourself or you just plain don't know what you want that you always want your mom. If it wasn't for my mother I don't know what I would do. She has been such a good influence on Maddie and she is Maddie's crying shoulder when Daddy just won't do. Tonight was just such a night except for one thing...Mamaw was not around! My mom and dad had gone to church and I stayed home because Maddie was still taking her (much needed) afternoon nap. So when I went in to check on her and she stirred I picked her up and asked if she was ready for a bath. That must not have been the question she was waiting for because the moments after that probably shaded parts of my hair gray! Lol! After giving her a bath in which you would have thought I was killing her and trying to dry her hair, I managed to get her downstairs to try and eat dinner. No such luck for a little while as she didn't want me to let her go. She had been asking for Mamaw and PopPop but they were not around so Daddy was going to have to do. But I enjoyed the time as she just reclined in my lap and watched the Braves game with her Daddy. Finally hunger must have hit and we ate spaghetti together. She was finally past the grumpiness and we had a blast the rest of the night. Because she had been a good girl all weekend I bought her a new purse and sunglasses at Toys R Us today...well I had to buy her sunglasses because someone stepped on them and broke them...try explaining that to a 2 year old! So after filling her belly, she was finally happy and we played movie star with her glasses and purse. So to all the mothers out there....a big thank you from one Mr. Mom!



Here are some pictures to mark the event:












3 comments:

Lauren said...

Those pictures are ADORABLE! She has the sweetest smile and you can tell how excited she was to get her new sunglasses and purse! A girl after my own heart. :)

You are doing a wonderful job with her, Duane, you really are. Maddie's mom has no idea what she's missing.

Thanks for the encouragement!

MELDUST said...

Duane - she is growing up so fast! She is such the little beauty!!!

Meagan said...

Gosh, she is growing so fast! Look at her long hair!!!

There is something about a mom... but you know what, Mr. Mom works pretty well too! Hang in there.